MC311 Logo
Call 311 To Get It Done!
For Emergency: 911 | Out of County: 240-777-0311


Enter an English language keyword to search the 311 web site:
  Results will be returned in English language

All Services

Fence, Shed, Retaining Wall, Falling Down/ in Disrepair
The Department of Housing and Community Affairs Housing Code Enforcement Unit investigates complaints regarding the MAINTENANCE or deteriorated CONDITION of a fence, shed or other structure. If this is a complaint about building without a permit or building too close to property line, please see the topic entitled: "FILE COMPLAINT WITH DEPARTMENT OF PERMITTING SERVICES". The property owner is responsible for maintaining fences and other structures on residential property. See Section 26-9(a)(1) of Chapter 26, Housing and Building and Maintenance Standards on the attached link for the Code reference.

To file a complaint regarding a fence, shed, retaining wall, falling down/ in disrepair, please see the topic entitled "HOUSING COMPLAINTS" , or click on the second link below.

Find more information from the following link(s):
  • Chapter 26 - Housing and Building Maintenance Standards
  • Submit a Housing Complaint

  • To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 311 during business hours.